XtractAlthough Xtract is not released in December, but on November 30, we decided to make an exception for this game, since the exact date was announced just a few days before the release. This multiplayer shooter will be released in the VK Play store and will be distributed for free. By the way, a Western analogue called HAWKED is expected on the same day, but, according to the developers, the project no longer has anything to do with it and will develop independently.Xtract is a third—person action-adventure extraction shooter set in an alternate future. Alone or as part of a group, you will have to go to the newly discovered island of X, where ruins and temples full of treasures are hidden. In search of valuable loot, not only monsters, but also other players will be confronted. To win, you need to get the main artifact and deliver it to the GRAIL organization, but all hunters can return with the loot in their pocket.
Throne and LibertyWithout exaggeration, the long-awaited novelty called Throne and Liberty will reach release on December 7. However, so far we are talking only about the South Korean version, and the global one is expected sometime in 2024. Nevertheless, this will not prevent genre-hungry fans from rushing to Korean servers to evaluate the project. Moreover, the client already has English.Throne and Liberty offers a large open world where you can travel, turning into animals. There are many activities in the game, including large-scale sieges, boss raids, classic dungeons and random events on the map. In addition, the developers have done a good job on the plot and ent of the game, so we are waiting for beautiful videos, charismatic characters and interesting stories.
The Day BeforeThe long-suffering project The Day Before will be released in the early access stage on December 7 on PC. The game was postponed more than once for one reason or another, and once its name was threatened due to a conflict related to copyright. Some did not even believe in the existence of the project for a long time. Fortunately, all these stories are already behind us, and very soon we will be able to independently evaluate the novelty from the Yakut studio FNTASTIC.The Day Before is a multiplayer third—person shooter with elements of survival, where players must try to save their lives in post-pandemic America. The country is flooded with hungry infected and survivors, killing each other for food, weapons and cars. The project is developed on the Unreal Engine 5 engine and is being prepared for release first on PC, and in the future — on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles.
Smalland: Survive the WildsIf for some reason you didn't like the Grounded game or you are looking for something similar, then Smalland: Survive the Wilds can be a good alternative. The project was released in early access back in March of this year, and a full release will take place on December 7. At the same time, it is expected to be released on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles.However, the developers are not going to stop there. They plan to continue updating the game after the release, adding more new content: the big world will expand, deepen and become more complex.
Smalland: Survive the Wilds is a survival simulator reminiscent of Grounded by Obsidian Entertainment. In this game, you take on the role of a reduced person who will have to survive by building a shelter, creating equipment, as well as fighting insects or taming them. You can invite up to nine allies in a multiplayer game and, if desired, enable PvP to challenge other players.
Avatar: Frontiers Of PandoraThe Avatar universe is quite poor for games, so Ubisoft decided to fix this flaw by releasing a first-person action Avatar: Frontiers Of Pandora on December 7. However, in the first reviews of critics it is said that this is a Far Cry ruskin, which may be both a plus and a minus for some. We just have to wait for the release to evaluate it personally.The events of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora will take place right during the action of the movie "Avatar: The Way of Water", released in 2022. However, you should not expect any intersections in the plots. The project will tell its own story, which will unfold in the remote western part of the planet Pandora. However, there will still be certain references — for example, General Ardmore is mentioned in the game. Gameplay, it will be a first-person action game with an open world, where you can find a lot of activities. A cooperative for two players is also announced.
Granblue Fantasy Versus: RisingAn anime-style fighting game called Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising has got into our collection. However, this is not a full-fledged new game, but an improved version of Granblue Fantasy Versus, released in 2020. The release will take place on December 14 on PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising will differ from the original with new content and various improvements. The game will be replenished with new characters, new chapters of the story campaign and new mechanics and other things. The graphics will also be changed while maintaining the style. Alas, there is no upgrade at a discount — you will have to buy the game again for the full price.
Moonlight Blade MobileFans, apparently, will not wait for the release of the MMORPG Moonlight Blade on the global market. But an alternative will appear on mobile platforms in the face of Moonlight Blade Mobile. The English version will be released on December 18 on iOS and Android devices. A PC client, which is a direct port, will also be available.Moonlight Blade Mobile is a traditional Chinese—style mobile MMORPG based on the universe of the computer game Moonlight Blade Online. This project features 6 main clans, such as Taibai (swordsman), Blossom (healer), Mights (spearman), Tangmen (puppeteer), Beggars (drunken master) and Yihua (support). Players can compete with each other in PVP modes or fight side by side in PVE. There are also many professions in the game, including cooking, fishing and hunting.
That's it! Let's move on to the rest of the gaming industry events in December 2023:
- In December, the cooperative shooter Warframe will receive a major update "Whisper in the walls".
- ARK Survival Simulator: Survival Ascended will reach PlayStation 5 in December.
- Tales from Centauron is expected to be released in December for the 4X strategy Galactic Civilizations IV: Supernova.
- The closed beta testing of the Stormgate strategy will take place in December.
- The appearance of a new Battle Mage character in the DNF Duel fighting game is scheduled for December.
- The first closed beta testing of the MMORPG sandbox WorldShards will take place in December.
- Technical beta testing of the adventure role-playing action Crystal of Atlan will take place in December.
- A Battle Royale game called Ring of Elysium will close on December 1.
- On December 5, the next major update for the Honkai turn-based role-playing game will be released: Star Rail.
- A new story addition Valley of the Zeke for the cooperative shooter World War Z: Aftermath will be released on December 5.
- On December 5, the 8th season will begin in the multiplayer first-person shooter Overwatch 2, which will add a new character Maugu.
- The closed beta testing of MOBA Predator on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 will take place from December 5 to January 5.
- The new champion Hwei will appear in MOBA League of Legends on December 6.
- From December 7 to 11, a closed alpha testing of the EVE Vanguard extraction shooter will take place.
- On December 7, a cooperative will appear in the Medieval Dynasty Medieval survival simulator.
- The second closed beta testing of the Once Human survival simulator will begin on December 7.
- The multiplayer third-person shooter Veiled Experts will close on December 14.
- Isometric Roguelike shooter ANVIL will close on December 31 on Xbox.